Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sorry Folks.

I am so bad at things like this. And when I say things like this I mean blogs, journals, diaries, things like that. It is a pretty consistent pattern: I discover something that everyone else is doing, and I try to join in, then after a short time I get tired of it annd give it up. I am afraid that is what is happening here. I just don't have interesting things to write. I mean my days are pretty much the same all the time.

On another note, I have one of those "the Onion" desk calendars that gives something different every day, and todays says that "1 out of every 37 U.S. adults has been in prison, giving our nationt he highest incarceration rate in the world." I was thinking lets see...if I take the 19 adult members of my family (spouses included, but not all the multiple ones, only the multiple ones that I can picture in my mind, leaving out a good 60% of them) I figure that at least 5 of them have been in prison. And that id only because I don't know my siblings' spouses that well. That sure is a high ratio. It just adds to my theory that there is only a specific number of circumstances to go around, i.e. marriage: There is a specific number of marriages in the world at any given time, and everyone get an equal amount, to start off with. then as other people get married first, or get married mulitple times (not at the sme time, that is a whole other blog), your number of marriages goes down. So my brother, who has been married like 6 times, has taken other people's oppurtunity for marriage, with out them even knowing it. But not to fret: all the confirmed bachelors and spinsters, people who never get married, make your numbers go up, because not only do they not take other people's potential marriages, they give theirs up, possibly to you!

This isn't a perfect theory and I only really apply it to marriages so I don't know how it stands up to other circimstances. If you think on it and find something else that works, let me know.

1 comment:

Megan said...

absolute freaking genius, right there. i'm never getting married, not because i don't want to, but because everyone else sucked up all my chances! marriage-killers...

-megan.