Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Colour.

Colour is a weird thing. I really like colour, almost all colours (not like acid-y ones). But one of the hardest things is picking a color to be surrounded by for while. As in what colours should i use in my house. I honestly don't know. The simplest option would be to leave things the way they are, but I see those home decorating shows and I think about how much I want something that they show but I don't know how to get it for myself. So I am faced with this dilemma: I want color in my life, but I don't know how to get it there.

I saw a show today on BBC America called "Dressing Dangerously" where a woman (or a guy, I guess) goes to them and they plan 4 different outfits for them to wear in a week. Like this woman wore something Marilyn Monroe-ish, Chic Bohemian, A PVC catsuit, and a wedding dress. Looked like a lot of fun. I wish I could do that. But the premise of the show was that wearing these outfits was that, in the course of the day, things would happen (because of the way others perceived you, or the way you now perceived yourself) that maybe gave you a new outlook on life, and I simply don't go enough places that the clothes I wear would make a difference. But I do like the idea of pretty much turning over your life to someone else and having them make a really important decision for you.

So I guess what I want is for someone else to decorate my house. Took me long enough to get here, yeah?

No comments: